Tools/Languages: C++, Boost, CMake, QT 4.8, Visual Studio 2010, Bazaar.
I have ten years commercial experience in the IT services and software delivery industry. During this time I mainly fulfilled the roles of a Senior Software Engineer and Technical Team Lead. Prior to this I have successfully graduated as a Dipl.-Inf. (equivalent to M. Sc.) at the Technical University of Ilmenau/Germany. I have not only an excellent track record from a technical point of view but have also received consistently positive feedback about my pro-active approach, outstanding communication skills and team work. In addition to interesting technical tasks, a large part of my job satisfaction is coming from solving real-life customer needs and I enjoy ongoing interaction with stakeholders as only this ensures the best outcome possible.
I have completed successful projects for (among others):
- ST Microelectronics, Munich, Germany
- Nokia Oy, Tampere, Finland
- CDA, Suhl, Germany
- Bundesanstalt für Wasserbau, Ilmenau, Germany
- e.Sigma, Ilmenau, Germany
- Computer Associates (CA), Darmstadt, Germany
- Newline Underwriting Ltd, City of London, UK
- MET Police, London, UK
- BNP Paribas, London, UK
I had the great pleasure of working with Thomas at Momentum Hub on a number of projects. Thomas is probably the best developer I have had the pleasure of working with and we were able to deliver a number of complex projects quickly and to a high level of quality. an added bonus is that he is a great chap to work with.
I have been working with Thomas for a number of years in both Germany and the UK. He has a great can-do attitude, exceptional development skills and puts in a lot of hours (sorry for all the travelling). He has been key on a number of engagements and has been instrumental in delivering some very complex key tools for us. I highly recommend his work.
Thomas worked in my team from March 2004 to his transition to the UK team.
From day one Thomas was, not only because of his good spirits, his fresh, friendly and cooperative approach, a valued co-worker and well liked colleague.
Using his in depth technical understanding and readiness of mind he quickly familiarised himself with new material and was able to find fast and effective solutions for most difficult challenges.
I have of course supported his decision to move to the UK team being interested in his personal development and professional growth. All the same it has been a great loss for me and my team to see him go and we would gladly welcome him back any time
I managed Thomas during his time at Actian UK and found him to be a hard working, diligent and intellegent member of the team. His programming and analytical skills were top draw. I would highly recomend Thomas.
I've worked closely with Thomas on several projects and needless to say, he's displayed utmost professionalism and never failed to provide clear explanations to his solutions and code fixes. It was a great pleasure working with him and his quality of work has been of great value to the product.
I'm certain Thomas will be a valuable addition to any organisation he joins.
Me and Thomas have worked on several difficult projects together at Momentum. Throughout that time Thomas has been a pleasure to work with. He is very skilled and very professional. He has taught me a lot about coding and IT. I would recommenced Thomas, he will succeed at whatever he puts his mind to.
- Available to permanent roles
- Available for contracting
Main Programming Languages
- C# - 9 Years
- C++ - 4 Years
- X/HTML - 10 Years
- XML - 10 Years
- XSLT - 3 Years
- VS 6 – VS 2013 - 15 Years
- Eclipse / Eclipse ADT - 2 Years
- Netbeans - 1.5 Years
Data Storage and Management
- MS SQL Server 2008 – 2012 - 4 Years
- SQL Server Management Studio - 4 Years
- T-SQL - 4 Years
- Excel / VBA - 1 Year
- Ingres RDBMS - 6 Years
- OpenROAD - 4 Years
Continuous Integration and Build
- TFS - 1.5 Years
- IIS 5 – 8 - 9 Years
- MS Azure - 2 Years
- Apache - 6 Months
- Talend Open Studio - 2 Years
- Jasper Reports - 2 Years
Architecture, Design Patterns
- Distributed Systems N-Tier
- OOP, OOD MVC
- MVVM Unit of work
- Singleton Responsive Web
- Code First Database First
- Waterfall, Agile
- PayPal Integration, SagePay
- Technical Team Lead - 4 Years
- IT Director - 1 Year
- ASP MVC 2 - 5 - 2.5 Years
- Razor - 2.5 Years
- WebAPI 1 – 2 - 1 Year
- jQuery - 2.5 Years
- AJAX - 4 Years
- JSON - 2.5 Years
- CSS - 10 Years
- Twitter Bootstrap - 2 Years
- AngularJS - 6 Months
- KnockoutJS - 1 Year
- Grails - 6 Months
- Telerik GridView - 3 Months
- Google Maps JS v3 - 2.5 Years
- Google Maps Android v2 - 6 Months
- Google GeoCode - 2 Years
- Twitter v2 - 6 Months
- Google Cloud Messaging - 6 Months
- Winforms - 3 Years
- Lotus Notes - 1 Year
- Android - 6 Months
- QT - 1 Year
Source Control, Bug Tracking
- Subversion - 8 Years
- Git - 2.5 Years
- TFS - 1.5 Years
- CVS - 2 Years
- Redmine - 1 Year
- Bazaar - 1 Year
- 1.1, 2, 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5, 4.5.2 - 9 Years
Frameworks, Extensions & ORM
- LINQ - 3 Years
- Entity Framework 3, 4, 5, 6 - 3 Years
- Hibernate - 6 Months
Diplom Informatiker (M.Sc.), Computer Science and Mathematics
Technical University of Ilmenau, Germany
- Academic Degree - Equivalent to UK 2:1 Master in Computer Science
- Primary Subject: Computer Science “Good” (2.2)
- Secondary Subject: Mathematics “Good” (1.7)
- Diploma Thesis: “Toolbox with Interactors for Geometric Modelling in Virtual Reality” “Good” (2.3)
- Various extracurricular Activities like Manager of a Student Club.
Among the many course I have attended, these are noteworthy: